Rocky Mountains over Lake Koocanusa

The shores of Lake Koocanusa are ever changing with
the wind, water and erosions.

There are Days that it feels like no one will ever be on the shores
of the lake i grew up on and there are days where noise,
guns, four wheelers disgrace the silence. It is an odd mix
of tranquility and chaos.

With so much advertising now with the Wilderness Club,
Lake Koocanusa is being promoted in new light,
we always called it the "reservoir" . Some feel it is a giant
body of water that consumed their farms, homes, life and legacy.
When the dam came in an TOOk the land.

i grew up in what they call "new Rexford" and I spent
any free time I had walking the shores of the reservoir.
To me it was a sanctuary from the chaos life can bring.
this Lake Koocanusa was my REAL home. it was where i came
to know myself without any influences of what the Adults in
my life thought i should be.

I love Lake Koocanusa for what i know it to be.
it Is my Ocean, my ever changing tide, my calm
It is my memories, my wishes and all that could ever be.

a Promise of Pure waters, clean fish, mountain views,
deer, eagles and elegance. My Prayer today, to YOU
is that Lake Koocanusa stay this way.

i Ask you, YOU
if your are considering moving to Eureka Montana
please Love Lake Koocanusa. It is the begining of all thing,
from here stems the purity that the tobacco valley has
and the dream that it will stay that way.

No comments: